5.28.2004

Donnie Darko re-release!!

This isn't strictly OTT-related -- I didn't see Richard Kelly's brilliant and heartwrenching drama of psychic teen angst until after I'd written OTT -- but I definitely consider the film an artistic fellow traveller.

(Not to mention its 80s-teen-haunted-by-visions story has a lot in common with my first book, Execution, Texas: 1987)

It's one of my all-time faves, and the closing montage of characters set to Gary Jules' cover of Tears for Fears "Mad World" (now a big hit) always makes me cry like a big, fat baby.

So now, on top of getting to see hottie Jake in a big freakin' disaster movie, I also get to see one of my favorite movies with new footage. Swoon.

From CNN:

'Donnie Darko' to be re-released
LOS ANGELES, California (Hollywood Reporter) -- "Donnie Darko," a cult drama starring Jake Gyllenhaal as a disturbed teenager, is getting a new theatrical release, featuring 20 minutes of never-before-seen footage...

No comments:

Post a Comment