9.27.2004

Love my Pacific Northwest

My writing deals a lot with place / location / environment - call it what you will, but I've always been inspired by the places I've lived: Texas, Chicago, Portland, Seattle.

Anyway, I've been feeling extra Northwest-y this past week: Summer's gone and left us with our usual grey clouds and fog. (Matt has even already hauled out the light therapy box.) Our pal Scott Lee's visit last week gave us reason to go crawling under downtown streets with buried animal carcasses and gay bathhouse signs on the Seattle Underground Tour, then a drive up to Vancouver for dive bars, suspension bridges, and giant Douglas firs.

Woke up this morning to an extra-special Pacific Northwest treat: a Volcano alert.

Obviously doesn't compare to Florida, but does remind me of the wonderful strangeness of my home.

No comments:

Post a Comment