1.10.2007

New Communication Journal Launches

The International Journal of Communication is now -- as the Doctor said -- alive, ALIVE! It's edited by two of my profs, Manuel Castells and Larry Gross, and an exciting new direction in academic publishing. This is a cool new peer-reviewed journal that publishes continually online for free. I'll spare you the details, but this is a big deal. Journals are the lifeblood of academics, but they can be prohibitively expensive and take forever to publish.

I'm happy to say I'm in it as well, along with biggies in Communication like Elihu Katz and Nick Couldry -- folks I was citing in my master's thesis. Register and check out my latest scholarly publication, a book review of Brian Winston's Messages: Free Expression, Media and the West from Gutenberg to Google, Kim Vicente's The Human Factor: Revolutionizing the Way People Live with Technology, and Steven E. Jones' Against Technology: From the Luddites to Neo-Luddism.

No comments:

Post a Comment