5.15.2007

The List 1.0

OK so I just finished my first two years of classes toward my degree (PhD, Communication). I technically have enough credits now but am going to go ahead and take more classes in the fall that I want to take, and take my qualifying exams in the spring next year.

Quals are these big hairy tests you take before you can start working on your dissertation.

On of the first step towards them is creating this big monster reading list of what you're studying. Ideally it reflects not only your dissertation interests and topic but alsao the kind of classes you'd like to teach after you get your degree adn go on the job market.

Anyway we just finished mine, so I'll be posting it in chunks. It's not final - right now it's being circulated among my committee members for their feedback. Meanwhile I thought I'd circualte here, too...

No comments:

Post a Comment