- Marxism and New Media, Duke University, Durham, NC: Jan. 20-21. Attending.
- Southern States Communication Association, St. Anthony Hotel, San Antonio, TX: April 11-15. Presenting "'Hooking Up' in International Techno-Horror: Feminism, Reproduction, and Users" and "Great Ideas For Teaching Students: Globalization Fieldwork for Study Abroad"
1. Organizing preconference "Historiography as Intervention: Communicating Across Geographies, Communities & Divides," Sponsored by the Communication History Interest Group.
2. Presenting "Gay Men & Feminist Women: Networks of Communication, Representation & Coalition" as part of the panel "Variant Voices: New Media Technology, Political Life, and Making Queer Communities"
- Association for Cultural Studies / Crossroads, July 2-6, Paris. Presenting "Killer Apps and Sick Users: An Overview of Pathological Technoculture."